Golf A Gogo
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

Un sport de gentleman

3 participants

Un sport de gentleman  Empty Un sport de gentleman

Message par Myrdyn Dim 11 Nov - 12:58

Voila l'histoire de Blane BARBER à la Q School Callaway Garden.
Respect pour ça, personne n'aurait rien vu, et lui il l'a fait !

"Tales of honesty in sport don’t come much more impressive than that of Blayne Barber, who this week disqualified himself six days after finishing a tournament.

The talented amateur disqualified himself from Q-school for signing an incorrect scorecard because of an incident during the second round at Callaway Gardens.

He was not sure if he had brushed a leaf in the bunker on the 13th hole, but voluntarily penalised himself a stroke in any case.

His caddie, brother Shayne, assured him the leaf did not move, but the problem arose later that evening when he learned that the penalty should have been two strokes.

This meant Barber had signed for the wrong score, which as any club golfer would know, means instant disqualification.

He played the remaining two rounds, but told Golfweek in an interview that he "just did not have any peace about it”.

"I knew I needed to do the right thing. I knew it was going to be disqualification,” he added.

Barber then informed officials he had signed for the wrong score and was disqualified.

His integrity allowed six other players - Jamie Arnold, Corbin Mills, Jonathan Moore, Chesson Hadley, Robert-Jan Derksen and Maarteen Lafeber, to progress, but it means Barber will miss out on playing on the lucrative PGA Tour next year.

"Doing the right thing and doing what I know is right in my heart and in my conscience is more important than short-term success,” added Barber in the interview.

The Walker Cup player, who is getting married on December 15th, will have to rely on Monday qualifying and sponsor exemptions on the PGA Tour and Web.com Tour.

For Barber, the real irony was that he was five shots clear of the cut line, meaning even taking the full two-shot penalty would still have seen him progress.

He joins a distinguished list of honest golfers that includes England’s Brian Davis, who called a two-stroke penalty on himself on the first hole of a playoff with Jim Furyk at the Verizon Heritage.

Davis received great praise for his actions, which cost him a potential first PGA Tour victory.

Watch a wide selection of golf instruction and tips"

Source Golfinn' Wolrd TV
Myrdyn
Myrdyn

Index : 8
Club : Crécy Golf Club

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Un sport de gentleman  Empty Re: Un sport de gentleman

Message par Kyuzo Dim 11 Nov - 14:23

Respect !

Brian Davis, playoff Verizon Héritage
http://m.espn.go.com/golf/story?storyId=5110442